Tile and Grout Cleaning Brisbane
Tiles look fantastic in the showroom, but in your home, they are exposed to contaminants that slowly build and leave deposits in the grouting and tile surfaces that normal cleaning won’t remove.
And no wonder – look under a microscope, and you can see that the tile surface is actually quite porous, especially in older homes. In the bathroom, the soap leaves a coating of lime and chemicals, and in the kitchen the residue from cooking fats and food stains can build up to a hardened coating that no amount of ordinary cleaning will shift.
Why don’t domestic cleaners work? The real reason is simply safety – but even as the chemicals get stronger, the bacteria and deposits remain. Scientists think that bacteria adapts to the cleaners we use.
Nice ‘n Clean is different, not because we use harsh chemicals – we don’t. We use a high pressure system that cleans out all the cracks, grooves and crevices which we can’t see – but give a foothold to dirt and bacteria, in places too small for you to get your cleaners into.
When we clean normally, we can remove the top layer of grunge, but a layer remains, embedded in the porous material – and it immediately starts growing and expanding again.
HOW WE CLEAN TILES AND GROUT
Nice ‘n Clean uses a combination of specialist high-pressure tile cleaning with relatively weak penetrative cleaning agents that get into all the pits, scratches and tiny cracks –this way all the contaminants are removed, and the tiles are back to a clean, “like new” condition.
We don’t use scrubbers or brushes – that simply makes the problem worse, by increasing the damage to the tile surface. And we don’t “blast’ the tiles – this can damage grouting. We have a special pressure technology which creates superfine jets of water which penetrate into the cracks and grooves. We use this relatively gentle pressure to clean, rather than by chemicals
Nice ‘n Clean can help get your home or office looking brilliantly clean.
- Family room
- Pool area
Our Process for Tile and Grout Cleaning is as follows
Investigate what type of tile and grout you have installed.
Knowing what tile and grout you have is important to achieve the best cleaning results. We can determine if you have sanded , unsanded or epoxy grout installed.
Check for any existing sealer’s that might have been previously applied to your tiles and grout.
It is important to know if any sealers were applied as this can determine the outcome of the tile and grout cleaning process. If we find a sealer has been applied then it may have to be removed which will greatly increase the cleaning results.
Apply our specialised cleaning solution and agitate if required.
We use advanced tile cleaning solutions that are sprayed onto the tile and grout surface to loosen trapped on dirt, grease and stains.
Rinse using high pressure that is a self contained extraction tool back to our truck mounted machine outside.
This is the process that gives the best results and does not over wet the tiled floor. Over 1000 psi is used during the cleaning process.
Place drying fans to speed dry.
Once cleaned we will set up our air movers to completely dry your tiled floors.
GROUT CLEANING AND REPAIR BRISBANE
Grout is a tremendously porous surface. Under a microscope, grout is a landscape of valleys and mountains that allow the residues to grip the irregular surface – and then attract more and more build-up.
You can see that grout is porous – it’s the first area to attract mildew and “black bacteria”. Once the bacteria has a foothold, it grows – yet is surprisingly difficult to remove – that’s because the tiny bacteria ‘hides’ in the small porous openings in the grout, and is unaffected by normal household cleaners.
Sometimes, the grout has deteriorated – permanent stains, cracking sections and even areas which have dropped out. Nice ‘n Clean can fix these areas with grout repair, to get your tiling looking brand-new again.
The sealing tiles dose not make them slippery. How ever it dose make the water and contaminants to sit on top of tiles longer water sitting on top may cause them to be slippery.
Tile can be walked on with in two hours of sealing.
If using a natural penetrating sealer is being used there is no charge in the look of tile. When you wet the tile there will be a differents in the way that tile reacts to water.
A topical sealer leaves a coating on top of the tile that come in either a gloss satin or mat finish. This type of sealer dose not normally allow vapour transmission. Penetrating sealers work form beneath the surface to protect the tile and leave the natural look if your tiles.
Brisbane Service Area
- Brisbane City & CBD – Petrie terrace, Spring Hill, Highgate Hill, Southbank, South Brisbane and West End, East Brisbane, Kangaroo Point, New Farm, Teneriffe, Newstead, Bowen Hills, Wooloongabba, Fortitude Valley
- Brisbane Eastside – Coorparoo, Camp Hill, Carina, Wakerley Greenslopes, Tarragindi, Dutton Park, Carindale, Redland Bay – Thornlands, Ormiston, Alexandra Hills, Victoria Point, Cleveland, Capalaba, Mount Cotton, Birkdale, Wynnum, Manly, Lota, Thorneside, Wellington Point, Sheldon, Gumdale, Chandler, Carbrook
- Brisbane Southside – Goodna, Sunnybank Hills, Sunnybank, Seventeen Mile Rocks, Redbank Plains, Mt Gravvatt, Kuraby, Norman Park, Holland Park, Seven Hills, Acacia Ridge, Rocklea, Forest Lake, Eight Mile Plains, Annerley, Springfield, Runcorn, Springwood, Browns Plains.
- Brisbane Northside – Kelvin Grove, Red Hill, Herston, Ashgrove, Kedron, Aspley, Chermside, Hendra, Nundah, Virginia, Zillmere, Geebung, Stafford, Bracken Ridge, Bald Hills
- Brisbane Westside – St Lucia, Fig Tree Pocket, Kenmore, Moggill, Pullenvale
- Moreton Bay – Kippa-Ring, Redcliffe, North Lakes, Dakabin, Rothwell, Clontarf, Woody Point, Deception Bay, Bribie Island